Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Recent Read: Rebecca, by Daphne du Maurier

Oh, I love this book! My husband was so skeptical because we have the red fabric cover that makes it look like a racy romance novel, but after the first chapter he couldn't help but admit that du Maurier's writing is amazing--brilliant and vivid. I like the cover I've posted here because the first line of the novel just thrills me: "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again." I know this is the second gothic romantic suspense novel I've put my husband through in the last month, but I figured the Halloween season was a good time to read Rebecca again, and we both loved it! Brian was a little depressed when he found out it wasn't a happy book, but once the truth in the plot came out he wouldn't let us stop reading. This is a book I don't think I'll ever tire of!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is a great book, the movie is even good too! Daphne couldn't have chosen a better name for it!

Jennifer Ricks said...

I love the movie too! We might watch it on Halloween!