Monday, October 3, 2011

"The Dawn of a Tomorrow" by Frances Hodgson Burnett

This book caught my eye because of the sober-sounding title. To be honest, I started reading it because "Dawn" by Eleanor H. Porter was not working one day on Librivox. One thing to note is that it is not very long, more like a novella.

The very first few pages captivated me from the start. I was surprised to find that Burnett had written more than children's stories. Reading the synopsis made me wonder if the story would be too diadactic, but it was be amazing. The first chapter was pretty abstract, but once we got out into the fog and Anthony became an observer, it cleared up a bunch.

I've been looking for a solid five-star read for a while, and this one hit the spot perfectly. I am hooked on this book!

No comments: